Recovery is complex.
Research shows comprehensive treatments that combine holistic interventions sustain a lifelong recovery.
Transformation Yoga Project (TYP) provides mindfulness-based yoga to individuals in recovery treatment from substance use and mental health disorders. Our instructors are highly-trained to facilitate classes with our trauma-sensitive methodology at Inpatient Treatment Centers, Intensive Outpatient (IOP), Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP) and more.
Our Trauma Sensitive Yoga for Recovery and Behavioral Health programs are designed to provide a supportive and welcoming group class inside of treatment. Our approach integrates with both alternative and conventional therapies to promote a long-term recovery lifestyle. We encourage participants to recognize recovery as a shift in perspective using yoga and meditation to support this lifelong journey.
Number of recovery classes
Number of Partnered
Number of Participants so
far this year
TYP’s Yoga for Recovery & Behavioral Health programs support:
- Bringing awareness to resiliency and mindfulness practices within Recovery settings
- Creating sustainable programming for our clients
- Evidence-based trauma sensitive yoga practices
- Inclusion and removing the stigma clouding mental health and addiction treatment
- Empowering individuals to live fully beyond diagnosis and illness
- Offering continuum of care and continuity in our programs inside and outside of treatment
Where our programs are:
- Inpatient Treatment – Hospitals and Treatment Centers
- Acute medical inpatient treatment
- Long-term and short-term levels of care
- Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP)
- Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP)
- Outpatient Programs
- Sober living
- Community support programs
- Collegiate Recovery
- Group settings
- Individual one-on-one practices
- Staff Mindfulness Training and Development
“The instructor has helped me connect my mind with my body… I’ve always lived in my mind while I abused my body. Yoga is a huge part of my recovery and has given me the strength to work through my demons.”
“I look forward to yoga every week. It truly has helped me mentally and physically. It’s making me stronger in mind, body and spirit.”
“I always feel much better and calmer. I think yoga is one of the best parts of treatment.“
- 300 Yoga for Recovery classes per month in the Greater Philadelphia Area.
- Serving an average of 25 people a day in our Yoga for Recovery programs.
- 84% of Yoga for Recovery participants described themselves more relaxed immediately after just one class.
- 26% said they felt great after the class.
Learn More about recovery Studies
Interested in bringing Transformation Yoga to your site?
Enter your email address and we will send you information about our Yoga for Recovery programs.
Recovery Program Director