Prison Library Project – “Yoga For Recovery: A Practical Guide For Healing”
Transformation Yoga Project is excited to share that our “Yoga for Recovery: A Practical Guide for Healing” is now available through the Prison Library Project. The Prison Library Project’s mission is to provide free reading materials to people who are incarcerated nationwide. If someone you know – whether it is a family member, friend, loved one, or someone from your community – is currently incarcerated and you think they would be interested in learning about yoga and/or meditation please share this information with them, or you can also order a book for them.
TO REQUEST A BOOK:
Prison Library Project
915-C W. Foothill Blvd, PMB 128
Claremont, CA 91711
Print your FULL NAME, ID NUMBER, ADDRESS, and DATE YOUR LETTER. Include this on the envelope and in the letter with your request. PLEASE PRINT CLEARLY.
- Let us know if your facility has specific restrictions or requirements for receiving books (examples: paperback books only, maximum number allowed, used books, etc.)
- You may only make two requests for books per year. When requesting, please tell us when you last received books from us.
- Our books are sent via the U.S. Postal Service using the media mail rate.
- We do not provide legal resources. We cannot fill requests for true crime or books containing graphic sex or violence.
- It may take 3–4 months or longer for us to fill a request. We appreciate your patience. If you have not received a book after 6 months, please write to us again.
- Please share your experiences and insights about the books you receive. We’d love to hear about how reading and education impact your life while you are incarcerated. These insights and encouragements really help motivate our volunteers and help us share our mission with potential donors.
- Please share our program with friends and family and encourage them to support the Prison Library Project.
- Please note that books on business, computers, westerns, large print books, trade skills, dictionaries and Spanish language books are not donated as frequently. It is good to send us alternative topics. We try to make the best match possible with limited selection.
NOTE: If you are soon to be moved to another facility, wait until the move is completed to request books. We have to pay return postage if your package is sent back, since the prison will not forward the package to you.