Transformation Yoga Project is partnering with Sync Recovery to offer this special 2 ½ day training, October 7, 8, 9 2022 at the Kirkridge Retreat & Study Center in Bangor, PA for yoga teachers, social workers, counselors, and interested yogis. Check in is at 5 PM and program starts at 6 PM Friday evening.
Are you interested in learning proven trauma-sensitive tools and techniques to share with your students or clients in substance abuse recovery? Are you working in these fields already and interested in how mindfulness-based trauma sensitive yoga can support people living within these systems? Mike Huggins E-RYT® 200, RYT® 500 and Cheryl Spera E-RYT® 200 will share their experience and best practices working within the substance abuse recovery system including hospitals, in-patient & out-patient facilities, sober living homes, IOP programs, community centers and prisons.
All participants will receive the book Yoga for Recovery – A Practical Path to Healing co-written by Huggins, TYP founder and executive director of and author of Going Om – A CEO’s Self-Discovery Behind Bars.
The following topics will be covered:
- What is yoga service
- Developing self and cultural awareness within yoga service
- What is unresolved trauma and how does this affect working with the body, mind spirit connection
- Pillars and framework of trauma sensitive yoga & how it relates to recovery
- How to use Yoga and Mindfulness to heal the mind-body connection and provide tools to calm, focus and find personal strength, balance, and resiliency.
- Instruction in specific asana, pranayama and meditation practices that have been proven effective with individuals is recovery
- Logistics of working with institutions in working Recovery
- Evidence supporting benefits of trauma-sensitive yoga for recovery