Transformation Yoga Project is offering an in depth training for educators, social workers, counselors, yoga instructors and interested community members. This workshop is open to anyone interested in learning trauma-sensitive, mindfulness-based tools to share with young people that foster resilience, decrease stress, and increase emotional regulation.
- Developing self and cultural awareness in yoga service
- What is unresolved trauma, how can it impact the mind and body
- Adverse Childhood Experiences and health outcomes
- How embodied practices, yoga, and mindfulness can support resilience, healing and/or processing trauma, and overall well being
- Pillars and framework of trauma sensitivity
- Logistics and best practices for offering programs for youth of various age groups
- Mindfulness activities to increase focus and attention, decrease stress, and increase social emotional learning skills
Colleen DeVirgiliis and Katy Kopnitsky will share their experience working with youth in schools, alternative and therapeutic education spaces, behavioral health settings, hospitals, foster care, community-based settings, and within the justice system. This training will be both informational and experiential including interactive lecture, discussion, experiential exercises, sample classes and practice instruction.
12 Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Credits are available upon completion of the training.
Questions? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.