Are you interested in learning how Mindfulness based trauma sensitive yoga can aid healing from unresolved trauma?
Foundations of Trauma Sensitive Yoga
Saturday June 17, 2017 / 12:00 - 7:00 pm
Yoga Garden - 114 Forrest Ave, Narberth, PA
A certificate for 7 hours of continuing education credit will be issued.
Until May 15 – $125
After May 15 - $150
Transformation Yoga Project is offering a special training for yoga teachers, social workers, and committed yoga practitioners interested in working with people who have been impacted by trauma and/or addiction.
This full day workshop is led by Transformation Yoga Project's Colleen DeVergiliis (E-RYT) and Mike Huggins (E-RYT). Through sharing practical foundational techniques of trauma sensitivity, participants will learn tools to apply to instructing trauma sensitive classes in a community setting.
This workshop will introduce participants to personal and professional considerations for pursuing yoga service and working within trauma impacted populations. This workshop is a precursor to advanced training for working in hospitals, treatment centers for substance abuse and mental health disorders and within the criminal justice system.
Topics will include:
• What is trauma, the various types of trauma, and how unresolved trauma manifests in the setting of a yoga class
• How does trauma affect the mind, body, and ability to confront the challenges in our lives?
• How to use Yoga and Mindfulness to heal the mind-body connection and provide tools to calm, focus and find personal strength, balance, and resiliency
• What constitutes a trauma-sensitive Yoga and Mindfulness class
• Skillful language and trauma sensitivity
• Review of evidence supporting the effectiveness of yoga
• Instruction in specific poses, breathing, and meditation practices proven effective with individuals recovering from trauma
Contact: Cheryl Spera
If you pay a registration fee and later find you must change your plans, you can either transfer your fee to a later Training or ask for a refund. Our policy is to refund the amount less an administrative fee of $25. If you have to cancel within twenty four (24) hours of Training or after Training has begun, we will refund one half of the total fee because our expenses accelerate dramatically. The more notice you provide, the more likely we can fill your spot. We appreciate your understanding.