Equilibrium Dance Academy
1802 S. Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19145
Saturday, December 1st 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday, December 2nd 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Transformation Yoga Project is offering an in-depth training on December 1st and 2nd, 2018 for yoga teachers, social workers, school teachers, counselors, and interested yogis. This training is open to people interested in learning trauma-sensitive, mindfulness-based tools to share with young people that foster resilience, decrease stress, and increase emotional regulation.
Are you interested in sharing trauma-sensitive practices with youth in classrooms, detention centers, behavioral health settings and alternate schools?
Colleen DeVirgiliis and Katy Kopnitsky will share their experience working with youth in detention, foster care, alternative schools, behavioral health settings, hospitals, and within the school system. This training will include an interactive lecture, discussion, experiential exercises, sample classes and practice instruction.
- What is yoga service
- Developing self and cultural awareness and within yoga service
- What is unresolved trauma, and how does it affect the body, mind and spirit
- Adverse Childhood Experiences and health outcomes
- Resiliency Theory
- Logistics and best practices of working with youth in institutions
- How to create a class that is trauma-sensitive
- Mindfulness activities to increase focus and attention, decrease stress and increase social-emotional learning skills
Saturday, December 1, 9:00am - 5:00 pm
Sunday, December 2, 8:00am -4:00 pm
Yoga Alliance CEUs: 15 Hours