Charitable Contributions Policy
Transformation Yoga Project (“TYP”) has, since 2013, served people throughout the Greater Philadelphia area impacted by trauma, addiction and incarceration through trauma-sensitive, mindfulness-based yoga programs driven by education and research. In keeping with our mission, we support organizations locally and nationally who provide similar services in underserved and underrepresented communities.
This Charitable Contributions Policy outlines how requests for monetary contributions are considered. This policy ensures all donations are aligned with our strategy and goals, and are within our budget and resource limitations. This policy eliminates duplication and establishes a central point of contact for all requests. The guidelines below may not cover every possibility and TYP may make exceptions while considering the purpose for the contribution.
- All requests for monetary donations must be submitted through the Donation Request Form found on TYP’s website. All requests will be reviewed on a quarterly basis but not all donation requests will be granted.
The following guidelines will be used in reviewing requests for charitable contributions:
- TYP will consider the following types of organizations for charitable contributions:
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations
- Organizations with a 501(c)(3) sponsor
- Organizations that have a pre-existing relationship with TYP
- Nonprofit organizations with operating budgets under $500,000.
- All charitable contributions will promote our organizational goals, create positive visibility, and demonstrate social responsibility.
- The major focus of our contributions will be 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations that share a common mission with TYP and that have had an ongoing relationship with TYP.
- We will also consider requests to support non-profit organizations with which we do not have an ongoing relationship in certain circumstances, if the mission and programs of the organization are aligned with those of TYP.
- All requests will be reviewed by the Executive Director and a final determination made. Not all organizations that apply for a donation will receive one.
The following exclusions apply:
- TYP will not support organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability with respect to employment, volunteer participation, or the provision of services.
- Contributions will be made only to the qualifying organization. Contributions will not be made to organizations conducting fundraising (third party giving) on behalf of nonprofit agencies.
- Requests from religious organizations will not be considered.
- Requests from all local, regional, and/or school-based sports teams will not be considered.
- Requests from elementary or secondary schools (public or private) will not be considered.
- Requests that solicit financial support for individuals, political candidates, and political campaigns will not be considered.
- Financial requests for capital campaigns will not be considered.
- Requests for sponsorships or donations for special events will not be considered.